Have you ever wanted to make your business emails look more professional? A personalised, branded email footer will do just that, creating a more confidence-inspiring and on-brand image for one of the core communication tools of your business. Adding a branded email footer not only gives confidence to your recipients but also helps protect you from any legal issues that businesses can face with the addition of a simple disclaimer.
How to create an email signature in Office 365
Office 365 allows individual users to create and add email signatures, that can either be automatically included in all sent emails or only to specified messages. Microsoft Office 365, unfortunately, will not allow admins to add email signatures for every user within an entire organization, but they can add in a disclaimer to ensure every email sent from the business contains vital legal disclaimers. Please note that if you use both the desktop and web app versions of outlook emails, you will need to set up your email signature on both as they will not sync. Simply follow the relevant steps below for the version of Outlook that you use.
How to add an email signature on the Outlook Web App
Before attempting to add your email signature to the Outlook Web App, please note that the Outlook Web App will not have the option to include an image file. But simply copy and paste your desired image into the signature and it will appear, as long as it is a supported file type such as .jpg or .png.
- First, click on the ‘settings menu’, in the upper right corner of the screen, then select ‘Options’.
- Navigate to the sub-menu of ‘Mail’ > ’Layout’, then choose ‘Email Signature’.
- Using the text box, either copy and paste your desired signature, or write one. You can use the formatting bar to make simple changes such as text size, font underlining and bold.
- If you want the footer to be included on the emails you send, reply and forward to simply click the ‘Automatically Include My Signature On Messages’.
- Finally, click ‘Save’. If you do not want to automatically add signatures into each message you can pick and choose which emails you want to manually add the signature into by clicking ‘Insert’ at the top of a new email and selecting ‘Your Signature.
How to add an email signature on the desktop version of Outlook
- Firstly, open a new email message. On the ‘message’ menu and select ‘signature > signatures’.
- On the drop-down menu, select ‘signature to edit’, then click ‘new’. You will then be presented with a ‘New Signature’ dialogue box.
- Type in a name for the signature you are wanting to create.
- Next, under ‘edit signature’, either copy and past in your desired signature, or create a new one from scratch. Within the ‘edit signature’ box you can customise the fonts, colours, sizes and text alignments. Using the formatting bar you can also insert links and images into your email signature. If you need a greater degree of customisation, create your desired email footer within Microsoft Word, then copy and paste into Outlook
- Set the following options for your signature under ‘Choose Default Signature’; The E-mail account drop-down allows you to choose which email address you would like the signature to be associated with. Choose your desired email address for the signature, you can have multiple different signatures for each email account. If you desire to have this email signature automatically added to all newly sent messages, go to the ‘New Messages’ drop-down box and choose the signature. Similarly, if you also want the signature to appear in all the emails you reply to and forward, follow the same process in the ‘Replies/Forwards’ menu.
- Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes to your signature and return back the message opened in step 1.
Does your business need Office 356?
Here at synergy-UK, we offer far more than just a branded email address. Our Email Hosting Service is not only a personal and local service but is offered alongside industry-leading IT Support to give you everything you need.